Olympic Rowing begins Thursday, July 22, 2021, at 7:30 pm ET. This article will explain how to watch every Olympic Rowing event at the Tokyo Olympics, even if you don’t have cable. We also include the full Olympic Rowing TV schedule, so you know when and where to watch every game. For other Olympic events aside from rowing, see our guide on how to watch the Olympics in 2021.
How To Watch Olympic Rowing: Olympic Rowing events will be aired on NBC Sports Network (NBCSN), USA, Network, and CNBC. All three networks can be streamed live with FuboTV (7-day free trial) or Hulu Live TV (7-day free trial). Using a free trial from each will allow you to watch every Olympic Rowing event for free!
Olympic Rowing TV Schedule
The TV schedule for all Olympic Rowing events is in the table below. All the required channels (NBCSN, CNBC, and USA Network) are available in the following streaming services. Some rowing events will not air on TV but will stream through the NBCSN app. Your account credentials from these services will also allow you to log into the NBCSN App to watch Rowing events not carried on a TV network:
The list below shows the Date, Times, and TV Network for the 14 rowing events for both Men and Women.
(All Times Eastern)
- Thursday, July 22
- 7:30 p.m. | on NBCSN App – Men’s and women’s single sculls, pair, double sculls, and quadruple sculls heats
- Friday, July 23
- 12 p.m. | on NBCSN – Coverage of heats for the men’s and women’s single sculls, pair, double sculls, and quadruple sculls
- 7:30 p.m. | on NBCSN App – Men’s and women’s four and lightweight double sculls heats; and single sculls and double sculls repechages
- Saturday, July 24
- 4:15 a.m | on USA – Coverage of men’s and women’s four and lightweight double sculls heats; and single sculls and double sculls repechages in Rowing.
- 7:30 p.m. | on NBCSN App – Men’s and women’s eight heats; single sculls semis E-F; and pair, quad sculls & lightweight double sculls repechages
- 11 p.m. | on CNBC – Coverage of Rowing events, including men’s and women’s eights qualifying heats, single scull semifinals, and more.
- Sunday, July 25
- 7:30 p.m. | on NBCSN App – Men’s and women’s single sculls quarterfinals; double sculls semifinals; and four repechages
- Monday, July 26
- 12 a.m | on USA – Coverage of the semifinals for the doubles sculls
- 12:15 p.m. | on NBCSN – Coverage of the men’s and women’s single sculls quarterfinals, double sculls semifinals, and four repechages
- 7:30 p.m. | on NBCSN App – Men’s & women’s quad sculls finals A-B; pair semifinals; single sculls semifinals C-D; & lightweight double sculls semifinals & finals C
- Tuesday, July 27
- 7:30 p.m. | on NBCSN App – Men’s and women’s four and double sculls finals A-B; single sculls semifinals A-B; and eight repechages
- Wednesday, July 28
- 2:30 p.m | on USA – Coverage of men’s and women’s four and double sculls finals A-B
- 7:30 p.m. | on NBCSN App – Men’s and women’s pair and lightweight double sculls finals A-B; and single sculls finals D-F
- Thursday, July 29
- 3 p.m. | on NBCSN – Coverage of men’s and women’s pair and lightweight double sculls finals A-B, and single sculls finals D-F
- 7:30 p.m. | on NBCSN App – Men’s and women’s eight finals and single sculls finals A-C
- 11:30 p.m | on USA – Coverage of men’s and women’s eight finals and single sculls finals A-C
Watch Rowing on The NBCSN App
Some Rowing Events only air on the NBCSN app. Thankfully you can log into the NBC Sports App using your fuboTV or Hulu Live TV credentials and watch those events. The NBCSN app will also air replays of past events and even carry events scheduled to air on NBCSN, USA, and CNBC. The steps to use the NBC Sports App are below:
- Use a Free Trial to a Service that carries CNBC, USA, and NBCSN. Those are:
- Go to the channel store or app store on your device. On Roku, it’s called the “Channel Store.” But you can download the NBC Sports app on AppleTV, Android TV, Roku, Amazon FireTV, and more.
- Search for the NBC Sports app
- Add the NBC Sports app to your device and then open it.
- Go to “Browse” on the menu to the left of the screen. Under “All Networks,” navigate to “NBCSN” and press the OK button on your remote.
- Using a computer or mobile web browser, you go to https://www.nbcsports.com/activate.
- You will then be asked for a TV provider and a username/password. If you subscribe to fuboTV, select “fuboTV,” then enter your login and password for Hulu.
- Once you sign in, your TV screen will refresh after a minute or so. You should now have access to all Rowing Events through the app. Just got to “Browse”, then “rowing,” and scroll down to the “Live” and “Replays” section depending on whether you want to watch live or past events.
Best Streaming Services for Olympic Rowing
In order to watch every Olympic Rowing game, you can use any live streaming service that carries NBCSN, CNBC, and USA Network in its channel lineup. We’ve summarized those services below, or you can check any of the following guides for information on watching a specific channel without cable.
Below is a summary of each live TV streaming service offering all three of those channels.
FuboTV is an excellent service to watch Olympic Rowing as it carries NBCSN, USA Network, and CNBC in its Starter package along with over 80 other channels for $64.99/month (after a 7-day free trial). The FuboTV app is available on major platforms, including AppleTV, AndroidTV, Roku, and Amazon FireTV. FuboTV’s standard plan includes the following:
- over 100 live channels found on cable including NBCSN, CNBC, and USA
- live local NBC, FOX, and CBS in many markets
- a cloud DVR with 30 hours of storage
- watch on two screens at the same time
You can sign up for a 1-week free trial or check out our review of FuboTV for more details.
You can watch every Olympic Rowing game on Hulu Live TV. The service carries NBCSN, CNBC, and USA along with many other channels. Hulu is most known for its vast on-demand streaming library. However, you can also subscribe to Hulu’s Live TV service for $64.99 a month. That price includes Hulu on-demand, making it one of the best live TV streaming services available. The service includes the following features:
- The basic package comes with 50 hours of cloud DVR storage. (Upgrades available)
- Watch on two screens at once. (Upgrades available)
- Comes with six customizable profiles
- Includes entire Hulu streaming library
Hulu supports Roku, Amazon Fire TV, iOS, Android and more. Check out our full review of Hulu Live TV for more details.
Check out Hulu + Live TV here.
You can watch every Olympic Rowing game on AT&T TV. The service provides NBCSN, CNBC, and USA Network in its “Entertainment” channel plan for $69.99 per month. While the service doesn’t offer a free trial they do provide a full refund if you cancel within 14 days. AT&T provides the following features in all it’s channel plans:
- watch 20 streams simultaneously per subscription
- a cloud-based DVR
- channels like NBCSN, CNBC, USA, and more
- supported on AppleTV, Android TV, Roku, Amazon FireTV, and more
You can check out everything this service offers by taking advantage of their online offer or read about it in our AT&T TV review.
Sling offers NBCSN and USA in it’s Blue package. Subscribers will need to sign up for Sling TV’s Blue Package for $35 per month, and then add the “News Extra” package for an additional $6 per month to also get CNBC. Sling TV provides subscribers with the following features:
- access to CNBC, NBCSN, USA and other channels on Sling TV
- Sling also offers on-demand and a cloud DVR
- You can stream up to three devices simultaneously on the Sling Blue plan.
- Supported on Windows and Mac PCs and laptops, Android and iOS devices, Roku, Amazon Fire TV, Nexus player, Xbox One, 4th Generation Apple TV, Chromecast, and more.
- Includes a cloud DVR along with other great features.
Sling TV offers sign-up promotions to see if this solution will work for you. For details on Slings service offerings and the difference between them, check out my review of Sling TV.
YouTubeTV also offers NBCSN, CNBC, USA, and more with limitless storage space for recording your shows. Your library of recorded shows can be streamed anywhere. The base package costs $64.99 a month.
A subscription to YouTube TV provides:
Check our review of YouTube TV for more details. They also offer a 1-week free trial.
Need More Information?
If this article didn’t answer your specific question, head over to our Home Page! It will guide you to affordable internet providers, streaming services to meet your needs, information on antennas, and many more tools and resources to help you save money on TV and Internet access.
For tips and tricks on cutting the cord and other tech topics be sure to join our Facebook Page.
Join Millions of Cord Cutters
*Disclosure: Grounded Reason is supported by a small commission for purchases made through some product links on this website. We do not accept compensation from companies attempting to sway our review of products.